Carnitas (Slow Cooker)
- 4 pounds (or 2 kg) pork butt (or shoulder)
- 3-4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (or Mexican oregano)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 large brown or white onion, cut into wedges
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 large oranges, juiced (or 3⁄4 cup natural orange juice)
- 3⁄4 cup Original coke (Mexican coke is ideal)
- 2 bay leaves
Combine everything and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Don’t discard liquid!
Place on baking sheet, cover with 1 cup of liquid and broil. Watch closely!
The recipe recommended broiling for 15 minutes but we only broiled for 5, any longer and ours would have burned. Enjoy guys!